Friday, October 27, 2023

                              Time to storm the castle! 

Next stop on the tour was  Neuschwanstein Castle  . Seven weeks after the death of King Ludwig II in 1886, Neuschwanstein was opened to the public. The shy king had built the castle in order to withdraw from public life – now vast numbers of people came to view his private refuge.I was nervous about the tour because I knew it was going to be alot of walking.   Just to get to the castle after our tour bus parked, we had to  take another bus up to a certain spot  where we had to still walk half a mile to the front of the castle. Then we had to wait to be let in the castle courtyard. There we had to wait until our time slot before we could be let into the castle. Then inside the castle  the palace building has 5 floors, so you'll have to go 165 steps upstairs, and 180 steps downstairs.  Let's not forget about the walk back as well! I was nervous because I live in Converse, Tx.  I live in a one story house I don't climb 165 steps on a daily basis.  But I got a  reminder that I am still stronger than I give myself credit for. I was able to make the climb, see the rooms they where touring , and made it back to the tour bus in time.Although no pictures could be taken inside the castle, it was still a dream come true to finally see this retreat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment