Tuesday, October 24, 2023


The Black Forest and Switzerland. 

The adventure continues. We went through the Black Forest region, an area of unrivaled natural beauty with its dense forests of thick pine trees.  There we got to see a cuckoo clock demonstration. I was just amazed by the amount of detail they put into those clocks. I was tempted to bring one home but I didn't know how cuckoo the cuckoo clock would make me after a while .  Then we got to shop, and most importantly, try the Black Forest cake there.   Then it was time to head over to Switzerland Our first stop  was Schaffhausen, where we got to see the thunderous Rhine Waterfalls; one of Europe's largest and most powerful falls.  We also stopped to see the inspiring Lion Monument, one of the best-known monuments in the country, created in remembrance of the heroic death of Swiss guard killed in 1792. Then we got to head for our hotel for the night.  There I learned you do not have to worry about desert in Switzerland.  After our dinner  at the hotel I didn't realize there was a desert as well. But the waiter said ,"this is Switzerland, ofcourse there is desert."  But  they forgot my coffee when I requested it with my desert. So while I got desert, they forgot my coffee by mistake.  Desert, coffee, desert , coffee. Like the Swiss I am remaining neutral on this.  I was also happy we where staying at the same hotel 2 days in a row because normally we would have to pack up in the morning before we headed to breakfast. But staying 2 nights meant one night we did not have to pack up our belongings and put them on the tour bus.  (It really is the little things.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment